The standard layout on the UK MacBook Pro laptop keyboard is one of the dumbest bits of design I've ever seen from Apple. The shift key is reduced in size by 1/2, the section key '§' - which I have never used - is given pride of place at the top-left of the keyboard, and the '~' key has been squashed in next to the anaemic left shift key so that it is impossible to tap.
Its good to see a regulator doing something useful. The ACCC has officially ruled that the country's 3 largest banks can't collectively negotiate with Apple about Apple Pay. Well played, ACCC.
- Australian Banks Denied Temporary Approval For Apple Negotiations
- The Apple Pay Battle In Australia Wages On, Gets Meaner By The Minute
- Apple Pay On The Web — It’s All About The ‘A’
- Verizon files a blockchain patent
- Some big banks are borrowing the blockchain to build their own bitcoin
- Google and Apple like Ripple's Interledger Protocol for interoperability - and because it's not Visa
- Big Banks Band Together to Launch 'Settlement Coin'
- Microsoft Launches Smart Contracts Security Working Group
- Maybe Blockchain Really Does Have Magical Powers
- Blockchain Will Become ‘Beating Heart’ of the Global Financial System
- Blockchain Is Banks' Secret Sauce
- Barclays Completes Blockchain Trade Finance Transaction
- The Blockchain: An Experiment in Governance Without Power
- Goldman Sachs wants to put foreign exchange trades on the blockchain
- Cryptocurrency In Space!
- Sydney Stock Exchange Taps Blockchain to Fight ASX Monopoly
- Several Global Banks Join Ripple’s Growing Network
- CBA’s need for speed
- Microsoft and Bank of America Merrill Lynch collaborate to transform trade finance transacting with Azure Blockchain as a Service
- Blockchain Adoption Moving Rapidly in Banking and Financial Markets: Some 65 Percent of Surveyed Banks Expect to be in Production in Three Years
- The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Recurrent Neural Networks
- How do Convolutional Neural Networks work?
- How Germans use cash, and how it's changing
- How Millennials Became Spooked by Credit Cards
- The Company Quietly Handling Your Online Purchases
- How to price anything
- Reserve Bank unveils new payments system: instant money transfers, and phone numbers instead of BSBs
- Australians call for banking efficiency and security
- RBA Unveils 'Instant' Payments System
- Financial industry faces extreme disruption in payments
- Mastercard jockeys for mobile payments domination with new API platform
- Android Security Flaw Exposes 1.4B Devices
- NIST declares the age of SMS 2FA over
- Why the silencing of KrebsOnSecurity opens a troubling chapter for the ‘Net
- Someone Is Learning How to Take Down the Internet